hit counter

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Greenhouse progress

Well, on Saturday Gene and I put the corner posts in for the greenhouse. Gene says that everything else is fairly simple once the corner posts are set...they must be square or everything is off!!
We also got some gravel in for the floor.
The next picture also shows the top of the new septic tank we had to install last fall which is between the greenhouse and the driveway. We have to level out some dirt and I intend to make it beautiful with various plants and greens!
Next picture is looking towards our house. The big pile of dirt will be leveled out and take up the back 5' or so of the interior of the greenhouse. I want to use this space to plant directly into the ground and extend out the growing season for some greens. The idea is to try to have something fresh and green for us to eat most of the year. I hope to be able to have greens and some root veggies growing there over the winter months. The neat thing is that the stuff planted in there will just be dormant when there is little sun, like Dec-Feb but not die. God's beautiful sunshine will bring growth and hopefully a cutting of greens to eat!













The next picture is one of our feline sun-worshippers...Phoebe!
Oh how the cats enjoy laying around in this beautiful, warm sunshine.

The next picture is surely a sign that spring is just around the corner!!
Some early spring daffodils poking their little heads up from the dirt. How encouraging to see something green and growing.
 
I hope to have more pictures very soon of the greenhouse in progress. It looks like the weather is going to be nice for at least 2 days. We can get a lot done in that time Lord willing.
Perhaps I can even move all my things into the greenhouse this week and get some seeds in trays to begin growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment