We also keep a small flock of chickens for eggs and entertainment. During the summer we raise a couple of batches of butcher birds for our freezer too. I wanted to share some pictures of our "girls" and Big Boy too.
Chickens eat lots of things and so I keep their diet varied. It is harder in the winter but we make do, this time they have gotten some acorn squash that we grew and stored. I throw oats, corn, spelt and sunflower seeds to them every morning also. They also love peanuts and raisins and many other things.
These are Barred Plymouth Rock chickens and they lay brown eggs.
My rooster is Big Boy and there is a pic of him showing off his voice. There are also a couple of pictures of the girls in the nest boxes and one of them is showing me her egg!! Yummy!
Lattice Work Pies
20 hours ago





No comments:
Post a Comment