hit counter

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Beautiful Day

When I went outside this morning to do chores, it was so beautiful that I had to take some pictures!
Here is what the garden looks like for now...
And you can also see the compost/manure pile and one of our chicken tractors. We raise our butcher birds in these during the summer. They get moved every day to fresh grass and are protected from hawks and the road.
(George had to follow along...)
This was our sweet corn patch last year but we had to install a septic system and this is where the leach field went, these are 150' long and we had to scrape our topsoil over it so we have some massive soil rebuilding to do before we can use this area again. We will level it in the spring and seed it and I'm hoping to run the chicken tractors on it next year! Can't ever plow it or drive stuff on it again...sigh














Gene tells me that the greenhouse will be up in the next two weeks or so....very exciting! I will keep you posted and now that I have learned how to put pictures on my blog, I shall have more of them too I'm sure!
Stay tuned...........

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!
    Your cat (George, is it?) is so adorable!!! I love fluffy cats. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's George..he's 12 and such a lover boy with blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete