hit counter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Barefoot, bees and loving both!!

Well, I was gonna take a picture but I just couldn't be bothered to come inside and get the camera so you'll just have to take my word for it... I was barefoot outside this afternoon and pullin a few weeds from a flower bed!! It felt mighty good to get the bare toes on the grass even though it was cool and damp.
Some of you know that Gene and I have ventured into beekeeping. I am the one to actually work with the bees and tomorrow looks like a perfect day. I will be trying my hand at properly lighting my smoker (to calm the bees) and
                                                                       
donning my veil (to protect my eyes and keep the girls out of my hair) and opening up that hive!!
I intend to inspect and make sure that things are normal and also switch hive bodies. I have been working on a plan of action today and getting more syrup ready to put on the hive for those hungry girls.

                                                                                
I have been attending some bee classes for beginners up in Oberlin with the Lorain Co Beekeepers. They have been helpful and there is even a very good, helpful supplier right near Spencer--Queen Right Colonies.
I hope to post again after I have worked the bees and tell everyone how it went.


 Everyone "bee" cool!! That's a little bee humor for you!


                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment