hit counter

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The blessing of rain!

We finally got rain last evening much to our delight and to God's glory. We had gotten some green beans and sweet corn out earlier this week and those seeds needed just what we got.
Our 90 tomatoes and 60 peppers are not complaining either!!
The sweet taters and other taters are looking very well this morning. I had been running the hoe in the onion rows and let me tell you, that ground was hard!! I didn't even finish because it was so hard and my hands were hurting-darn those blisters!! This rain will make for some nice hoeing in the next couple of days and I plan to take advantage of it too.I should be able to get more plantings of beets in and maybe get started on the carrots as well. I actually took some pictures of what we have so far to share with you.

The big green stuff is our rhubarb and you can see tater plants further out and next to them in the hills and very small at this point are the sweet taters. That white tank clear in the back is our water tank for our irrigation. That will be our next big project-getting drip tape and weed mat down very soon. We are trying to make the weeds more manageable without turning to chemicals. They fast overwhelm the two of us.
Taters again and garlic is the tall green stuff behind the white barrels.

A type of evening primrose that is pink and even the dog kennel is surrounded by posies! I have a carpet of viola's this year with some hosta and some lovely blue iris.
Till we meet again...
The Lord Bless you and keep you;
The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Num 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment