Well, it has been awhile since I had time to post here. I have been busy planting many things in flats and some stuff out in the garden. I have potatoes popping up thru the ground. My mom and I planted about 400 onions last week and there is yet one more tray of about 200 to plant!
Gene has been working on the 2 row corn planter we bought this spring for our sweet corn and green beans. Just about the time the weather will dry out a bit and get warmer, we can start planting everything else outside.
Here is the salad stuff that I planted directly in the dirt in the back of the greenhouse. We are enjoying fresh greens of our own now! There are spinach, beets and 2 kinds of lettuce here. That is Chinese cabbage in the corner.
Iris's in bloom on the backside of our house as well as yarrow, a pink evening primrose. tickseed and balloon flowers all yet to come!
There are two hosta's here and the millions of little green things are viola's. They spread everywhere last fall and I am rejoicing to see them all. Makes the dog's kennel pretty too!!
Here is one more project for the summer. These are 4.5 week old Dark Cornish chicks that will become freezer birds in time. A new breed for us to raise but they are a promising meat bird. Not to be confused with the commercial white broilers which do have cornish genes in them. These fellows are quite lively.
Giving thanks in all things to God. Resting in His promises.
Till we meet again.
Lattice Work Pies
20 hours ago







Good to hear from you, Dawn! Glad to see things are growing in Ohio. We have spinach and lettuce and peas up. I even have 3 tomatoes and green beans!
ReplyDelete400 onions!? That is a lot!
Blessings as you grow in Him!